Research on smart homes
Literature review of non-obtrusive technologies to enhance the quality of life and safety of older adults living at home, congregate housing, and assisted living settings.
Funded by Alberta Addiction & Mental Health
Research Partnership Program
- What research has been done on technologies to support community living (smart homes)?
- What is the Smart Condo™ project at the University of Alberta?
- How can technologies support home-care services and community living? (HCA-T Project)
- Health Care on the Cloud
- Technologies can support older adults with
- complex chronic conditions (arthritis, hypertension,
- heart disease, cognitive impairment) to stay at
- home. However challenges need to be addressed:
- Social & ethical implications