The Story So Far – Current Challenges
- Monitoring Program – Business Drivers
- Data management challenges
- Data vs. information vs. knowledge, etc.
- Where is the data? What is the issue?
Implementing the Data Management Framework – Future
- Addressing the data and data management challenges
- Steps towards an integrated data management system
- Development of an Enterprise wide Data Management Strategy
What does all this mean to data and data analytics for the environment?
- Common data framework is required to:
- Move data from the unique to the shared – concept of core data
- Must be collaborative
- Must deal with complexity of security and traceability – science
- Data quality issues
- Data needs to be available in the open domain
- Large change in culture will be required
- Scientific focus
- Tension will be between being “open” and “exclusive”
View the entire presentation below: