It’s time we face reality my friends… We’re not exactly rocket scientists.”
Let’s get started anyways
- Introduction to restoration planning.
- The concept of DART
- Building the DART board
- Strategic opportunities for DART modeling
- Tactical opportunities for DART
- Summary comments and questions
- DART will be used at the tactical and strategic planning levels in combination with other land use considerations (recreation, energy, forestry, wildlife) to formulate restoration plans.
- Vegetation recovery is based on the original disturbance, subsequent line usage and the ecosite.
- Some lines will come back fairly quickly and some very slowly. We have to sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak.
- Models will be very useful for making strategic decisions on where to focus efforts for line restoration (caribou).
- Treatments will vary by ecosite. DART will help ensure that the correct treatments are being used.
- We have enough knowledge and experience to build DART.
- DART will form an important part of future landscape assessments.
- Dart is only a part of a more comprehensive landscape evaluation and planning program.
See the presentation below: