Three types of latency:
- Data latency: time taken to collect and store the data;
- Analysis latency: time taken to analyze the data and turn it into actionable information; and
- Action latency: the time taken to react to the information and take action.
Approaching “zero” latency
- Real-time business intelligence technologies are designed to reduce all three latencies as close to zero as possible;
- Traditional BI only seeks to reduce data latency.
- Introducing Excellerate
- Real-Time BI and HFT
- Information at High Frequency
- Strategies at High Frequency
- Developing and Deploying Models
- Executing and Monitoring Real-Time Systems
See the presentation below: